Tuesday, January 20, 2009

STUPID LIBRA III

My Best Friend and I actually made it a whole week without fighting with each other over anything. And it wasn't even because we didn't see each other. It's like we found a detente of sorts.

For the food receipts issue, I've just decided that I'm still gonna buy stuff anyway. I may as well take advantage of the fact that I work in a supermarket. However, I will run all receipts by my Best Friend now so she can decide what she will chip in for and what she will buy outright. I didn't want it to be that way. My Best Friend and me aren't just roommates who got together through an ad in a newspaper. We've been friends for a hell of long time. We're family and like family, I wanted to just share the expenses so that we wouldn't have to become petty and/or territorial with our food. Also, I figured if we were splitting the food bill half and half regardless of who eats what, that when we have guests over, we wouldn't have to be bad hosts by refusing to let someone eat my food or her food. I guess it won't be that way and I'll just have to accept that. *Sigh* I don't look forward to the territorial disputes that are likely to erupt at some point.

My Best Friend did the dishes a couple of times this week as well which was nice. There may be hope for us after all :-p

(originally posted to That Other Journal on January 20, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment