Tuesday, November 22, 2011

SONGS THAT CAN JUST GO AWAY, part V



"Come See About Me" by The Supremes

This one is a personal vendetta on MUZAK's FM-1. Although in recent years, FM-1 has stopped playing lite-FM suitable tracks from the 1960s, this was not the case in the beginning of my tenure in my place of employment. I swear EVERY night this song would play. It's a good song, but years of overplay make me never want to hear it played again. Though I will admit the intensity of this animosity has lessened, it has not returned to my good graces like "Smooth" by Santana (featuring Rob Thomas) has. Back in 1996, that song came onto the scene and was immediately a staple of several radio stations to the point of irritation. I got about a ten year break from the song and now love it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment