Friday, November 26, 2010

I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS SHIT, part VII

I won't be on tomorrow so it's a day early. Whatever.


"Born Under Punches" by Talking Heads

This song is the first one off Remain In Light. This album's well-known single is "Once in a Lifetime". However, the rest of it is a strange radio-unfriendly album that I quite frankly despised when I first got it. This was a time in my life before the internet and especially before YouTube so when I liked a few singles from a group, I would ask for whatever albums they had put out for Christmas. This album was initially a miss except for the aforementioned single. But eventually, it seeped into my mind. This was the first song to do so. I remember mowing the lawn for Mom that day and the chorus was stuck in my head. It was then I started realizing the beauty of this difficult album. There's still two songs that are a bit weak, but I definitely enjoy this album very much today. It's a great diversion from more poppy stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment