Tuesday, January 5, 2010

DAY 19 - A TALENT OF YOURS

Do I actually have any talents? I'm not so sure. I have things that some might conclude are talents though I have largely abandoned them. I'll post examples of those; but I also ask you, my friends, what talent(s) do you think I have?

In high school, I used to create/draw planetary systems. I have long since become too critical of my drawing to be able to pick it up again. And on top of that, I look at a drawing like this -- the one I consider my best -- and become frustrated at my inability to replicate it because I remember in my mind what I am supposed to do but my muscles don't cooperate. Anyone who hasn't played an instrument for a while I'm sure shares this frustration. The planet shown I named Lasna, the sixth planet orbiting a star called Casil. It's a mid-sized gas giant [about Neptune-sized] with a naked-eye visible faint ring with obvious homages to Jupiter in its appearance. It hosts several moons, only one of which I got around to naming.

I created an alphabet during my freshman year in high school. I still write in it to this day.

In my sophomore year, I began creating a language which I have not worked on seriously for well over five years. It lives on in my head. Maybe I'll get back to it one day, but I don't know.

Le ni cayah eïner morgne xah, ihe ni shaidtser, morfyl cihmm, seen marno dërhenthal rih. ^_^

(originally posted to That Other Journal on January 5, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment