Saturday, January 2, 2010

DAY 16 - A SONG THAT MAKES YOU CRY (or nearly)


"Simple Kind of Life" by No Doubt

This is about as close as I can come to such a song at the moment. It can "destabilize" me a bit, but that's about all. I've never actually heard a song that could make me cry or even come close.

(originally posted to That Other Journal on January 2, 2010)

ADDENDUM:  In the original entry I also offered up "Some Fantastic Place" by Squeeze (a song about the loss of a friend); "Your Wildest Dreams" by The Moody Blues (which I remember for a time caused me to think wistfully about Bar Beauty); "When I Grow Up to Be a Man" by The Beach Boys (which reminds me that my life did not turn out like I feel it should have) --- Today I would add "White Houses" by Vanessa Carlton which affects me in ways I don't understand. (August 14, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment