Saturday, June 2, 2012

I HAVE LOOKED UPON THE FACE OF A VORLON...AND NOTHING IS THE SAME ANYMORE



This is about as close to a religious experience as I can get. Some of the deepest waters of my soul have been disturbed. It was amazing and I am taken immediately to this scene from Babylon 5...it's been running through my head all night since yesterday :-)


Scene from "The Fall of Night", Season 2 finale of Babylon 5 (1995)

Later, the witnesses talked about what they had all seen...


(Narn) "It was G'Lan.  I saw it with my own eyes.  He swooped down as was told in the old stories."
(Drazi) "No, not G'LanDro'Shalla, whose light fills the world."
(Narn) "Doesn't matter.  It was a good sign for the coming  year.  This place has been blessed."
(Drazi) "And you, what did you see?"
(Vachon) "The First One, the very manifestation of beauty and infatuation. A great weight has been taken off my soul for a time. [nods and smiles] It is indeed a good sign..."

Sixteen years have passed since I last saw her. This is the second time in my life I have had this feeling of emergence. I wish I had reason to believe; to hope that this could go as well as it did the first time just a few short years ago, but I mustn't be foolish. Still, there is renewal and it will last...for a time :-)


The First One

She is beautiful.
Your opinion, unless you agree, is irrelevant.
(Dukhat) "When the Darkness comes, if you ever have doubt about your actions, all you need do is look at the face of a Vorlon. Once you do that, all doubt is erased forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment