Monday, June 11, 2012

ALLERGY BE(EN) GONE!

     I guess it does get better bit by bit by bit. I haven't had a sneezing fit in some time now. Additionally, my breathing has been less laborious and sleeping much easier. I've been falling asleep faster and can even switch sides without difficulty (beforehand, the stuffy side wouldn't "migrate" fully leaving both sides stuffy).

     Who knew simply forcing oneself to breathe through the nose was so key? I haven't breathed through my mouth (except when talking) for some time now nor have I had to resort to that "holding one's breath" trick. I've had only one sneezing fit since starting and for all I know, that one may have been a genuine allergy attack :-)

     So yeah, if you find you've become a mouth-breather, force yourself to breathe through your nose. Your body will fight you. Sleeping, or rather, trying to sleep will be difficult and laborious at first (early on, I was doing the "holding one's breath" trick sometimes up to three times in a row before a passageway would remain open of its own accord) but over time, it does clear away. Eventually your body learns and breathing through your nose goes from being something you need to be vigilant of to something more automatic. Too bad this isn't 1996 ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment