Wednesday, September 29, 2010

HELLO. MY NAME IS VACHON AND I'M AN OPIE AND ANTHONY LISTENER...

      Tomorrow is the last day of Opie and Anthony's contract with Sirius/XM satellite radio and I have to admit I'm a bit torn over what I would like to happen.

      I love the Opie and Anthony Show...a lot. They've been a source of dependable joy for me for the past six years since their last firing when they had about two years off. I'm one of those dedicated listeners. I don't participate in the show directly by calling in or writing on the Instant Feedback wall...I'm not that funny. But I do like the show enough that I can listen to its entire five hour broadcast. Five hours is a lot of time taken from my day to dedicate to a show, no matter how good. I can't help but wonder what else I might be doing with my life if I didn't feel so compelled to catch their show every weekday morning.

      At the very least I'd be listening to more music. Maybe I'd actually get my necessary chores done on workdays instead of my days off leaving those days to be fully enjoyed rather than only partially as it is now. As much as I would miss them, I can't help but think I would be better off without them or could, at the very least, use a break. I feel like I'm admitting an addiction.

      I figure, worse comes to worst, they'll either end up on an FM station or they'll podcast. And yes, I would follow them there because damn it...it's a funny show. Vicious, dark humor. The kind I could never get away with even amongst my closest friends. It's so cathartic to listen to.

      I'll just have to wait until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment