Wednesday, April 27, 2011

THIS CLOUD'S SILVER LINING

      The apartment hunt is over. I need only make my security deposit and first month's rent and I will have officially secured a place to live for the foreseeable future. I feel like it's the end of my story. In a few month's time I will be living alone, truly alone (and not just my parents were away for a weekend type thing) for the first time in my life. The rent is (obviously) higher than my share for my current place is now and since the apartment lacks steam heating, instead using electric baseboard, my electrical costs will be higher over all too though I suspect I will be able to take advantage of being both on the second floor, that I have no animals under my care, and that I work overnights and be able to turn it off while I'm away and possibly keep it low throughout. We'll see. The place seems more spacious than I thought it would be but I will know better once I am given access and can make accurate measurements. Regardless, I am glad to have this particular burden removed and if it turns out I can turn a respectable monthly profit (and when my current Digby-depression finally subsides...ooph, not even two months in yet and I think I've been sad for about forty of the last sixty days to varying degrees. The last one lasted five days before finally letting up. What a potent poison she is...), perhaps I can finally apply myself to relieving myself of another of my longterm burdens in life. We'll see...

1 comment:

Post a Comment