Saturday, April 2, 2011

IGNORANCE CAN ALSO BE HILARIOUS

      Not too long ago, I got a random friend request (from an actual person and not a robo-account, can you imagine!) after making a comment on a Facebook Security post (which also generated a practically instant 8 Likes, nice...). She's currently my farthest away Facebook-friend, a whopping 9,400 miles in Indonesia. She's been taking an English class for a little over a year now. While she makes some fairly obvious grammar errors, none of it renders her unable to be understood and to be quite honest, she writes in English after one year far better than I could write French after taking it for a year. It's also fun because I can use Google Translate to find out what she's saying in her language (so long as she's spelling her own language's words correctly - I love when Google Translate asks me if I meant something else -- how the fuck would I know?!!).

      Anyways, today I had a Family Guy reference stuck in my head and posted it on my Facebook wall in an effort to spread the earworm to others. The clip includes the set-up where Lois mentions the high tuition for Morningwood Academy so I commented on that à la Butthead to which I got this response:

(click on the image to enlarge it - oh double entendre!)

      You can't make this stuff up folks. It's so innocent...and so hilarious...and then she compounds it with "Nightwood". I don't have the heart to tell her what "morningwood" means but I did do her a favor and delete the damning comment. I like her too much to subject her to my less-sensitive friends, though I will subject her to you guys :-)

      I can only hope she doesn't ask me why I deleted her comment. I really don't want to tell her what it means. I don't want to feel the blush of a girl ten thousand miles away, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment