Saturday, April 2, 2011

I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS SHIT, part XXIV


"Barbie Girl" by Aqua

One of those guilty pleasure songs, that's for sure. I don't think I could ever actually listen to this with other people around for fear that they wouldn't get why I like this song. It isn't particularly good, but it's fun and silly...and of course, it quickly gets stuck in your head. Another earworm song.

I just noticed the frontwoman has a tattoo on her arm. This was 1997 so that makes the tattoo hot I guess as they had yet to become commonplace on girls. I remember this girl in college the same year who had a lower-back tattoo. She was the first girl I had ever seen with one. It was a simple, appropriately-sized, black-ink-only bilaterally symmetrical tribal-type design and goddamn was it hot as she was hot. It was win-win all around ^_^ And then far too many girls got those kinds of tattoos and others as well making such body art fairly unpalatable to me nowadays. But she was the first, she was ahead of the trend, and she will always have that.

I wouldn't even know how to render the way she says "hair" in IPA. Oh well. C'mon Barbie, let's go party!

No comments:

Post a Comment