Saturday, December 4, 2010

I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS SHIT, part VIII

I can't say that I'm a big fan of Jewel. She's more someone I learned to respect as an artist as I had heard more and more of her songs over the years. She debuted (for me anyway) with "Who Will Save Your Soul" which got enough radio time to become annoying. I've had enough time away from the song to like it now. My Best Friend was briefly really into "I Was Meant for You" playing it over and over again. I don't like that the radio only plays the live version of this song. The studio version has a slightly quicker tempo and is more upbeat sounding. She had a bunch of songs that fell flat with me like "Jupiter" and "Foolish Games" but I did take a liking to "Hands" and especially "Standing Still" which I personally think is her best song. Right after that album, she released 0304 which was done in a very different style. I imagine it was not well received by her fans much like Liz Phair when she worked with The Matrix songwriting team. However, despite that, I like this song. It's catchy even if it doesn't sound at all like a Jewel song.


"Intuition" by Jewel

No comments:

Post a Comment