Wednesday, December 23, 2009

DAY 6 - WHATEVER TICKLES YOUR FANCY

I hate when the choice is mine. That's not my strongsuit... Not in the slightest. A blank page is incredibly difficult for me to create on. It's either an ability which has been lost or withered from disuse or simply suppressed through shame. But no matter what the reason, pulling things from the void is a frustrating experience. Throw in any limitation, any boundary, and it becomes that much easier to work with. Mine is a mind whose strength comes from bounded infinities, not unbounded ones. So, on a day like this (and the other days in this meme where I will choose something for my own to do), I will face difficulties. However, this one is overcomeable simply because I can enforce my own limitation: I will base today's entry on one of the previous ones.

Seeing as how it is almost Christmas, I will choose today my favorite Christmas song. And that is "Marshmallow World" as performed by Darlene Love off the album A Christmas Gift For You From Phil Spector; an album, which in my opinion, contains many of the definitive versions of the Christmas songs we are subjected to each and every year.


"Marshmallow World" as performed by Darlene Love

ADDENDUM: I take that back... I just found my new favorite Christmas song:


"Must Be Santa" as performed by Bob Dylan

(originally posted to That Other Journal on December 23, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment