Tuesday, August 28, 2012

STEAL THIS IDEA, part VIII

     Some quick jokes I thought of (I hope!).

     Have a comedy which takes place a few decades in the future after say, the protagonist falls into a coma or was abducted by aliens for like forty years or whatever...I really don't care. Just so long as he's in that kind of a future. It might help if he was a child when he went missing and though aged, is still a kid at heart like Lion-O from the Thundercats whose body aged while in cryogenic suspension, but his mind remained the child he was when originally frozen.
     Anyways, have the kid stumble upon a Nerf gun exclaiming (something like - not a dialog writer here), "Awesome! They still have Nerf guns!" He grabs it, points it at something all the while his (now older) friends scream, "NOOOO!!!!!", and fires actual bullets into something (or someone if this is a black comedy - said shooting victim need not die...flesh wounds for comedy!). The friends then explain to the man-child that Nerf stopped making real guns and bullets back in the 2030s when sales started lagging for the company (or some other bullshit explanation). Additional layers of the gag being the real gun still looks like a cheap plastic toy (tradition, amirite?) and the fact that a Nerf gun is in an adult's house (with no children...can establish that in prior scenes) going unnoticed by the audience. The Nerf gun can also associated with a famous gun brand like Winchester Nerf Revolver :-P

     This one's for the girls. There's a store called Forever 21 in my area (may be a nationwide chain...I'm kinda hoping it is for this gag). Have a parody store for fat girls (if you wanna be mean about it) or BBWs (if you're going in a prideful direction) called Forever Size 21.

DISCLAIMER: To anyone reading this, you are welcome to not only use, but claim this idea as your own without giving credit to me. I sometimes have ideas, but I do not have the skills needed to express them. It is more important to me to see these ideas done than to receive recognition for them. That being said, giving me a mention anyway would make me giddy. If this idea has in fact already been done, then I strongly suggest you not actually steal it (at least not without major revisions) :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment