Thursday, May 10, 2012

DATING SITE MATH

      I only have two "equations" so far, but then that's what the addendum tag is for.

The first one is straight up math: Pi ∝ Rd
     DEFINITION:  the interest a profile generates is directly proportional to the reader's distance from said profile.

      That happens way more often than can be explained by mere chance.


The second one is more difficult but here goes:  ∵ Di = ∅, P(R|M) = 1
      DEFINITION:   because intent to date is an empty set, the probability of getting a reply to one's message equals 100%

      In other words, if the purpose of your message to a woman is merely to compliment her on an aspect of her profile and not actually an attempt to seek a date, you can be assured of a 100% reply rate (e.g. I thought a recently viewed headline on PoF "My heart's not a d!ck so don't play with it" was funny, but the kind of guy she was looking for was clearly not me. Nevertheless I wanted her to know that her headline made me laugh).
      That type of reply dominates those I have received over the past nine months of my attempting to date online. How very disheartening...



No comments:

Post a Comment