Wednesday, November 14, 2012

OVERTHINKING THINGS THEATER PRESENTS...

     I hope this is the first of many such entries. I can see the potential here :-)

     There's this new show out called Monsters High. I don't watch it but I've become aware of it because my store sells the dolls associated with the show. I'm guessing it's the typical tween drama stuff set in high school but they're monsters because that's popular right now. Just some creepy things I've noticed because I'm easily bored and rarely accept what I'm told at face value.

     I've wondered about their origins. They're all daughters of various famous movie monsters (like Dracula, the Werewolf, the Mummy, etc.), often with punny names like Draculaura and Frankie Stein (let your horrid curiosity get the best of you and read the rest of the names here --- also just noticed there are some boys in this school thanks to this link but my next point still applies) but the thing is, they all look the same age so it had me wondering just what the fuck (probably not a pun) happened in the lives (unlives?) of their fathers?

[TRIGGER WARNING - after the jump is a quick reference to sexual assault, albeit done with absurdity in mind; your call]



     Again, I am speaking from ignorance. This is all from my impression of the boxes these dolls come in. It has me wondering where they all came from? Who were their mothers? Were they the product of some sort of simultaneous mass succubus rape? I mean, really...holy shit, what the hell is going on here? It's really hard imagining the Werewolf, the Mummy, and the Creature from the Black Lagoon settling down for family life of their own volition.

     Anyways, I go on with my usual business until a few days later when more of these dolls come in and I notice a new one whose name is "Ghoulia Yelps", daughter of the zombies.

What? Like, ALL of them?!


      Do I even want to know the kind of terrifying orgy that had to have gone into such a creation?








      You know what? I'm just gonna go back to work instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment