Saturday, February 12, 2011

I ACTUALLY LIKE THIS SHIT, part XVIII



"Let's Get Back" by No Doubt

The second track off No Doubt's debut album, the one nobody's heard of. The one which the band itself must disavow as the only taste of it they permitted on their best of release was "Trapped in a Box"which is a marginal song at best but I guess they believed in it since they committed to a video so what do I know? The album was No Doubt when it was still Eric Stefani's band. Eric Stefani used to do animation work for The Simpsons (among other projects) before committing to the band that he would ultimately be pushed out of when they made it big. I'd feel bad for him, but Tragic Kingdom is leagues better than No Doubt's eponymous debut. Even so, the song I'm featuring I think is good albeit goofy-sounding, "Sad For Me" is interesting, and the track "Sometimes" I think showed where the band was going musically. There's also a cute track called "Paulina" that Eric sort-of sings on with Gwen repeating "Paulina" over and over again. (Have I linked every track yet? Holy crap...)

I think whenever I answer those online surveys I will have to make Gwen Stefani my celebrity crush. Damn she's mesmerizing! Especially in "Sweet Escape" (another link!). Who the fuck says blue eyes are the sexiest? Dark eyes rule. Stop looking at me like that way Gwen! I'm weak to that kinda stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment