Friday, August 28, 2009

OR DOES IT...?

     I received the check for Best Friend's and my security deposit yesterday. We got the full amount plus the paltry interest it earned (all $7.66!!!). From the amount of damage Best Friend did to the drywall because she just had to have curtains, I thought for sure we'd get hit with something. Also, it was damaged the whole time but neither of us noticed until a few months after moving in, one of our kitchen cabinet drawers was broken. The panel you'd pull to open would occasionally just fall off.  But nothing. Best Friend was right that I was worrying too much so now when I tell her she's getting the full half of the deposit back (plus all that interest) minus the cost of the final PSE&G bill which she has yet to pay me for...only been a month!...when I tell her that nothing was deducted, I'll just have to take it as she gloats in her rectitude. I guess she's gotta have one, right?

     And thus ends our tumultuous year together.

(originally posted to That Other Journal on August 28, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment