Wednesday, April 15, 2009

BRAKIRI SPACE

It turns out that my Best Friend and me have come to the same conclusion separately. The day after Roommate stopped by for him and me to discuss in secret our plan to move in together, Best Friend mentions to me that she has been looking at condos/apartments in areas closer to where she works. That was a relief!

I was worried (in an admittedly paranoid way) that Best Friend would not take the news that I would eventually have to tell her well. In her anger, she has threatened to break my things (not that she ever has), so I was seriously considering a secret, sudden move-out about a month before my lease had terminated. That is to say, while she was at work, I would abscond with all my possessions and those things which I had paid for (whether I needed them or not) leaving only a note. I really, really did not want to do something like that, but considering how poorly she's taken breakups with boyfriends in her past, I felt it necessary to imagine worst-case scenarios rather than take the far more reasonable approach of assuming her to be a rational human being. I am such a paranoid douchebag at times (this, however, does not mean that the fantasy of doing this didn't feel awesome) =]

Very thankfully, it will not come to that. Roommate has found an apartment. What we need to do now is set up an appointment so we can pay exorbitant fees, get our credit checked, and sign the lease papers. It's just down the road in another part of this multi-owner, massive complex. I'm marginally closer to work, the rent is less than what I'm paying now, and it includes heat and hot water. Mom showed me some additional apartments that I didn't know about considerably closer to work than I am now. I'll have to call on them anyway as they're all advertising available apartments, but not being specific about it. I'm sure this place is similar to what I've got now. We've got some discussing to do, but I'm looking forward to it overall.

I am truly glad to be able to move openly now. While I enjoy moving in secret, I don't enjoy doing so at another's expense and no matter what I've said in this forum, Best Friend is my best friend and I love her dearly. The fact that I've even considered doing something so dastardly to her makes me question more so what's wrong with me rather than with her. I'm not proud of those thoughts. :-/

I just hope they're willing to wait until at least June to let us start a new lease. I wouldn't want things to fall apart at the last minute forcing both Roommate and me to scramble for separate apartments.

Also, it looks like Roommate will be able to claim two more notches in my social advancement. I'll likely get a cellphone after all this time (even though the land line has proven cheaper than Best Friend's plan) and should have enough spare cash each month to (maybe) finally license up and join the driving world. The latter will have to wait until I have an idea of what it'll cost to live there. I don't want to have to get a second job if I don't have to...it'd kill what's left of my soul =]

(originally posted to That Other Journal on April 15, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment