Thursday, July 10, 2014

PERHAPS AN EXPLANATION?

      While talking with Winwood the other day, one of her stories reminded me of when Bronx suddenly disappeared from my life. I gave her the quick-version of the story about how we had met online and talked over the phone for close to three years. We had always spoken about meeting but one thing or another would always keep us apart (especially Bronx's lack of money from never having had a job the whole time I had known her) until that one day when we finally did meet and spent an afternoon together in New York City and how then shortly thereafter, she just cast me out of her life.

      I wondered why Bronx had suddenly up and left after that. It was then that Winwood suggested it was because we had met and not that it had anything to do with me but that Bronx had had a notion in her head of what I was supposed to be like and that I didn't meet that expectation. She compared it to reading a novel and having your version of the characters in your head and then seeing them portrayed in a film.

     I have to say that this explanation made a lot of sense to me. Not that I like having lost a friend for so long like that but at least Winwood's logic of why Bronx may have left fit rather well with the scenario.

     I'm still not happy that Bronx is gone. I did like her a lot but I guess I was something to her that I never actually was...

No comments:

Post a Comment