Wednesday, October 7, 2009

THIS IS LIKE FINDING THE B-SIDE TO "COME ON EILEEN"

They were talking about the top cover songs according to I think Spin magazine today on Opie and Anthony. It was another one of those "Too cool for the room" type lists, omitting many truly awesome covers and giving other ones (like Bow Wow Wow's "I Want Candy") far too high a place on the list. But then as soon as Bow Wow Wow was brought up, I got to wondering what else they had done. Quite a drop-off...but then, is that really a surprise when a band puts out as its single a song they didn't even write? Please to be enjoying! d(^_^)b


"Do You Wanna Hold Me?" by Bow Wow Wow

And speaking of which...


"This Is What She's Like" by Dexy's Midnight Runners

I wonder what Timbuk 3 followed up "The Future's So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades" with? (Did you really think I wasn't going to search?)


"Life Is Hard" by Timbuk 3

(originally posted to That Other Journal on October 7, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment