Thursday, January 22, 2015

VIDEOGAME MUSIC

     A project I've been enjoying as of late has been making a mix-tape of videogame music, or whatever it is mix-tapes are called today since they're digital files organized on a flash drive.

     Videogame music is like the classical music of my generation and thanks to sites like YouTube, Zophar's Domain, NES-SNES-SPRITES, and a few others, it's been possible to compile a collection of soundtracks from the game systems I've owned over the years and even the music from some old arcade games that took many of my quarters years ago.

     I've learned that I've played a lot of games over the years. So far I have almost 600 songs from the Atari2600, Atari5200, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Game Boy, PC-DOS, and arcade systems. I didn't think there would be so many and some, like end-of-game boss rushes were made into medleys. I've almost got everything I can remember. It just can be tedious editing the music for two cycles and a proper fade-out.

     But like I said, it's been fun and the resulting USB drive of 8 and 16-bit soundtracks is fun to listen to.

No comments:

Post a Comment