Tuesday, June 11, 2013

SCI-FI TECH

      Some days I think the most futuristic technology shown in science fiction is the "manual override" function.

      Seriously, consider your real life stuff. Computers sort of have it. If your mouse stops functioning, you can use keyboard commands to navigate most stuff. But my television? Without the remote I cannot access menu functions. Some days I'm surprised I can still adjust the volume, change the channel, and turn the damned thing off without a remote. My old stereo could not access the auxiliary port without the remote which seemed ridiculously stupid since every other function could be done on the unit itself. How many of you can roll down your car's windows without power? Even if it was a terribly inconvenient crank...you'd think a panel could opened to access one. You know they'd have one in sci-fi. Hell, the Starship Enterprise had manual controls. Yes, it looked like an Atari joystick but damn it, in an emergency, you could steer the Enterprise from your seat.

      I don't know. I just wonder about stupid shit like this every so often...

No comments:

Post a Comment