Friday, March 9, 2012

THIS BLOG IS SEARCHABLE, RIGHT?

      I remember this song off the MUZAK player at work. I loved it but could not find it via a Google search for the life of me. No one had ever heard of the song and no matter how much of the lyrics I collected (and those lyrics were hardly generic), it would not turn up in a search. I only found the name of the group and song via the brute force method: I hung around the MUZAK site watching what was playing on the station I had heard the song on (FM1) and kept checking back periodically for days until the song came up again. I was thrilled when I had finally succeeded and "Greeting Committee" by The Pillbugs became the first MP3 I had ever purchased online. I actually put in efforts to get the lyrics of this song posted online, but for some reason, though accepted by various sites, they never got published. Let me (hopefully) rectify this now.

       So without further ado, let me post the lyrics to this song. Anything I'm uncertain of is in parentheses.

"GREETING COMMITTEE"
by
THE PILLBUGS

Something tells me I should skip this drink
Things could change the moment that I blink
I don't think they're coming for me
Ever since I dared to arrive
Until the moment they go away from here
I can't rest my mind

Something tells me
This is not a paranoid assumption
To be lightly cast aside

(And) I've been trying to sleep with open eyes
According to my calculations
They'll be here before sunrise
And please don't you look at me this way
You'll find out first-hand why
When they come around...
When they come around...
When they come around...

Something tells me I
Better pull myself together
I've been (pushed into the weather)
And it's darker than it's ever been at night
I don't think they're coming for me
Ever since I dared to arrive
And as soon as they go away from here
We can both learn why

Something tells me (logic's opposition)
And I'm certain I'll be wishing it was right

Ooh, when they come around
I don't wanna be found
No, I don't wanna be found here
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no
No, no, no, no, no, no
When they come around



"Greeting Committee" by The Pillbugs


ADDENDUM: Yes. Yes it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment