Saturday, March 31, 2012

INIMANDVS X

      Are there any women out there who actually date men? I think every woman I've talked to this century has only ever wanted to date cars and/or certain types of jobs. The man part seems incidental, if anything.

      I was talking to this girl on Plenty of Fish. She appeared out of nowhere, but unlike every other girl who's done so on that site, I was actually interested immediately upon reading her profile. Things progressed quickly and determinedly, just as I would prefer - fast enough to keep me from friendzoning her (I feel I should share here that my confidence is non-existent. It's been eroded away over the years unsurprisingly by the 100% rejection rate I have suffered this century so even a hint of doubt or delay on the girl's part and I'll defensively and emotionally distance myself from her in a perverse form of protection. The only exception comes from crushes whom as past entries in this series can attest, I will suffer any indignity and hardship in the pursuit of my goal) and not so fast that I couldn't keep up - it was great. We were quickly texting one and other and a date was actually set up for this coming Monday. Perfect. Curse over...finally. But then I made the mistake of looking forward to it and wouldn't you know, yesterday these doubts about my night job and lack of a car (which I am willing to work around and by work around, I don't mean "she can drive me places" - I'm willing to put the effort in and since I know being with me would be initially difficult, I'm willing to put in the extra sacrifice as well to cover for my shortcomings - But to no avail) crept up into the conversation and after airing her reservations, cancelled the date so as of now, I am still unstuck in time...it is still September 1991 for the part of my mind that undoubtedly houses my confidence. Even the Langoliers have forgotten about me...

      To be perfectly misogynistic for a moment, this is one of those times where I truly feel the average man is superior to the average woman. Speaking for me personally, I don't care if the woman I like lives at home or lives on her own (with or without roommates); I don't care if she has a car or, like me, never learned to drive; and I certainly don't care what kind of job she has or even if she has one. Bronx was all three of these things (lived at home, couldn't drive, and had no job) but I would've been totally willing to date her if she felt the same way about me. Would it have been difficult? Hell yes, but it's something I want so I'm willing to sacrifice and attempt to overcome the adversity because the reward is so great. The only thing I require of a woman is that I be physically attracted to her but I don't think that is too much to ask since I would want the girl I'm with to be attracted to me as well.

      Back to the drawing board...again...and a little weaker to show for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment