Saturday, October 23, 2010

WITH FRIENDS LIKE THESE...

      Keeping in code is becoming more difficult the more people I start referring to on this thing. I'll just have to use alter-egos and hope they're not insulting :-)

      The Mystic is fast becoming a close friend to me. She radiates enormous amounts of positive energy and is ever thoughtful. This contrasts exactly with my Best Friend so if only for that, she gives me the strength I need to deal with the Best Friend in greater doses. I can only hope the positivity she exudes actually comes from within. It would break my heart to find out these were tears of a clown. But then I guess that's where I would come in as a friend. :-)

      I'm enjoying our growing friendship very much. She has a lot of love to give and I am happy to be a recipient of that love. She's even looking out for me and if I ever were to doubt that, I need only look to the events of the past few days to show otherwise.

      The place where she drops off her laundry has a girl working the counter. The Mystic, being a human being unlike me, struck up some conversation and found out that she's single and began talking me up. She made it a point to not get her laundry until she saw her again and ask her for an e-mail address in an effort to hook us up. I received that address yesterday and sent out a tentative e-mail just a few minutes ago. I wonder what will happen? I admit I fear that I may have been oversold. The Mystic told her that I worked overnights and thus had trouble meeting people among other things. Now the ball is in the Laundry Girl's court...

      The Mystic is not the first of my friends to try to set me up. The Ukrainian was technically first by offering up her best friend (at the time) but honestly I have to give full credit to the Mystic because I can't help but feel the Ukrainian's efforts to be half-assed. It's not as though her best friend had expressed prior interest. It felt more like, "Hey, she's single. Go for it!" with no effort to ascertain whether or not we might or might not be compatible and whatnot. The Mystic got into an accidental conversation revealing the Laundry Girl to be a college dropout like me (I will admit that I like knowing this as I take that as a sign of intelligence on her part) as well as a skeptic (which she revealed when the Mystic suggested the Laundry Girl be psychic for asking if the Mystic had any quilts when she didn't even remember bringing any). That suggests she's not likely to be religious which is good. I was told she was 24...a good age and that she's brunette (my favorite) and sexy-looking (can't go wrong with that!). The fact that the Mystic was inspired to do so on my behalf with a girl neither of us knew is what makes me give her the credit and recognition [and besides, if I need an historical precedent, I need look no further than my high school crush. I always refer to her as my first crush, but she was actually my second. She so outshone the original that she became the original...assuming that makes any sense].

      Amazing in my sixteen years of adult friendships (as opposed to childhood ones) that it's taken this long for something like this to happen (and this despite numerous aside-like promises over the years). This single act will cement me and the Mystic for a long time to come. I warned her that my mind and heart tend to be slow in accepting new people in my life. She may have just found a shortcut past those defenses. Why have I been getting so lucky lately? I admit I don't feel like I deserve it in the slightest...

No comments:

Post a Comment