Saturday, January 19, 2013

ANALOGIZING DEPRESSION

     One way I can define my depression is that I have not only not had a weekend off in almost twelve years but that I also have not had to turn down any offers to go anywhere because of it.

      I've also noticed when things like Girl Scout cookies for sale come up, I am never asked if I want to buy any. I have never made a point to say I don't buy into such things, I just don't get asked. I don't even feel it's being done maliciously; more like, it never occurred to them to ask. I don't get asked to chip in for things like a going-away present for a departing long-time co-worker or to be involved in party planning (such as bringing a dish). I suppose some people might envy this particular problem, but it does get to me every now and then.

     Alone in a crowd.....

No comments:

Post a Comment