Tuesday, April 10, 2012

THOUGHTS I NORMALLY KEEP IN MY HEAD, part XI

      I daydream and fantasize a lot. It is a very useful means for dealing with frustration, anger, sadness, anticipation, and other consuming emotions. The daydreams are very cathartic and occasionally that catharsis requires that I kill someone. The thing I find interesting from a psychological point of view is that I never touch the person I'm killing in my fantasies. It's always through the use of something else be it a proxy (i.e. allowing someone or something else to do the job for me); psychokinesis and/or telekinesis (think Sylar or Force Lightning), weapons (like whips, chains, arrows, and guns); supernatural stuff like finger spears (think Lust or the T-1000) or the substantiation of my shadow (think Pride); or any other awful thing I can think of that's usually inspired by something I saw on television or in the movies (pyrokinesis and cryokinesis). I wonder what that means...what it represents? What would represent the greater psychopathy? Making physical contact with the pretend victim or putting that barrier between them and me? I guess actually touching means I can't run away from the fact that I did it and not touching allows for denial later on. Whatever clothing I'm wearing in the fantasy usually has my hands looking as though they've turtled into the sleeves and when those hands are revealed, it almost always portends something terrible about to happen. What is it with the obsession with my hands?

Lust - Fullmetal Alchemist

No comments:

Post a Comment